So many companies have jumped on to be a part of this event and I couldn’t be more thankful! At this point, we will have quite the feast at the end of the event! We will have a sampling team there for ‘Notorious Nuts’ making delicious concoctions like cranberry orange tango, ooh la la, and blueberry lemon meringue. One more reason to cross that finish line as fast as you can!
We are also so excited to have Cape Cod Potato Chips coming to the event as well! A great snack for a run well done.
And thankfully, Belmont Springs came through with cups for the water station! Otherwise we were going to have to spray runners with a hose or something — just kidding! We were getting nervous, but they have arrived! So many great companies jumping on board to help with the cause!
And did I mention, we have entertainment! Just confirmed today, we have an acapella group called the Y Chromotones that will be serenading us, along with MIX 104. So excited to have to have them sing the national anthem!
Fort Independence / Castle Island
2080 Day Boulevard, Boston, MA, 02127
- Take the MBTA “The T” to the JFK / UMass stop on the Red Line. As you exit, you will see school buses waiting to depart and drive you directly to Castle Island. Buses will begin running at 7:30am and the last bus heading back to JFK/UMass will depart Castle Island at 12:00 noon.
- Take I-93 to Exit 15. Make a left at the light to rotary, and onto Day Boulevard, follow the water to Castle Island. You’ll find free beach parking along the street the entire way, and a free lot for Castle Island at the end of the road.
- Rte. 3 to JFK Exit, follow beach along William J. Day Boulevard, Castle Island is at the end of the Causeway.
- From downtown, a taxi will cost approximately $10 to $15. For a more accurate estimation, visit TaxiFareFinder.com
- Boston Taxi Phone Numbers:
o Metro Cab, 617-782-5500
o Town Taxi, 617-536-5000
By City Bus:
- The MBTA public transportation network has multiple bus lines to City Point. Bus Line #9 departs from Copley Station (Green Line), to Broadway Station (Red Line), then onto City Point. At Farragut Road, the end of the bus line, you have to walk a moderate 3/4 of a mile to get to the castle.
- Additionally: Take MBTA Route 5, 7, 9, 10, or 11.
- Plan you own route: By visiting www.mbta.com and clicking the options for ‘Trip Planner’.
Castle Island Parking:
- Castle Island Parking - Free parking is available at the Castle Island parking lot.
- There is also free parking along Day Boulevard, and on side streets near Castle Island.
… to everyone who helped with a very successful ‘Goodie Bag Stuffing’ Party as we like to refer to it!